Barricade® 286 Airline Filter
The Barricade® 286 Airline Filter removes moisture, oil, odor, particulates, and organic vapors from compressed air and can be used as a component of a supplied-air respiratory system as required in OSHA regulation 29CFR 1910.134. Commonly used with supplied-air respirators for use in abrasive blasting, general cleaning, inspections, and painting and coating applications.
Airline Filter Selector
*Select from the options below to identify the selection's part number.
Airline Filter Components & Specs
*Based on the above configuration.
Configuration Part Number:
Please contact a Marco Sales Rep for this configuration.
Anti-tip Ring Base
A rugged, stable base with three stout legs, minimizes tipping associated with standard three legged bases. Three bolt holes enable you to securely mount the Barricade® 286 Airline Filter to a surface.
Easily Accessible Drain
The offset position of the petcock provides easy access for draining collected moisture.
Multiple Outlet Configurations
Configurations are available with 1, 2, or 6-outlets for connecting to multiple supplied-air respirators or pneumatic power tools.
Seven-stage Filtration Process
A seven-stage filtration process provides cleaner breathing air or source air by catching and removing moisture, odors, organic vapors, and other particles from the air supply.
*Select from the symptoms below to identify possible causes and actions.
Possible Causes & Actions
*Based on the above selected symptom.
- Air supply pressure and/or volume too low.
- Damaged air pressure regulator.
- Damaged filter cartridge.
- Improper assembly.
- Contaminated air supply.
- Filter cartridge useful life is exceeded.
- Water, mist, or condensate present.
- Ensure air source can produce sufficient pressure and volume of air for device connected to Airline Filter Assembly.
- Ensure air suppy hose/pipe is of adequate size.
- Adjust setting of pressure regulator (if equipped) to increase airflow.
- Inspect pressure regulator (if equipped) for damage. Replace as needed.
- Check Airline Filter Assembly, petcock, and airline fittings for air leaks. Repair as needed.
- Inspect filter cartridge, replace as needed.
- Check quality of air supplied to air compressor is sufficient for breathing.
- Ensure air compressor is operating properly.
Repair or replace as needed.
- Clean interior of Airline Filter Assembly and replace filter cartridge.
- Open petcock to drain water from Airline Filter Assembly.
- Clean interior of Airline Filter Assembly and replace filter cartridge immediately.
- Operate Airline Filter Assembly with petcock in a slightly open position to allow water to drain constantly.